The planning poker on rails website will allow distributed teams to play planning poker. It will track user stories and the points assigned to each story. It should also allow for quick access to archived stories as references for future planning games.
Each player should be allowed to place a card (estimated effort). Once the cards are all placed the application will reveal the estimates to everyone. If no concensus is made then each player will have the floor to make comments. As each player makes his or her comments the application will move to the next player. Once all players have no more comments OR a player presses the VOTE NOW button. The computer will take another vote this continues until concensus is made OR all player agree to table the vote.
Before you google it...YES another project already does this. So, you may ask, "why re-invent something?" Well, here are a few reasons:
- Of course I think I can do it better!
- I don't think the other is open source....just free to use.
- I really wanted to play with google's code projects.
- I wanted a project for which I would be my own user.
- Did I say I think I can do it better?
- I wanted something that begged for Ajax and Prototype stuff.
- I wanted a project that had users interacting in realtime over the web.
- I really like using Planning Poker on my teams and I wanted something that was designed around "MY" rules for the game.
- Just want to play with a few technologies.
Wana help? Email me!
Wana check out the competition? Go Here...